i want to buy pregnizone without a prescription Brendan Dalton is a fellow Blue Man and just went through the ringer for writing, recording, mixing, mastering, copyrighting, registering, designing, distributing, publishing, and promoting his new album, “Smoke and Static,” with his writing partner, Patrick Mangiaforte. This is the debut album for their band, Radio Silence, and I caught up with Brendan to see how the process went, step-by-step, and where they had a good grasp vs. trying to keep up with this beast of recording an album. Part 2 covers the copyrighting, registering, distribution, and promotion side of releasing your album.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Once your song is recorded, it is technically copyrighted but you still need to register it with the Library of Congress
- 2 types of copyrights you need: Underlying Musical Composition and Sound Recording Copyright
- How to register your songs with ASCAP
- Graphic Designer for album art – Useful or unnecessary?
- A cheap idea to create your own download cards
- How to send digital liner notes through BandCamp
- Using Patreon to connect with your fans at a deeper level
- Why Brendan chose Distrokid, a lesser-known service to distribute his music
- Why a music manager says you need 3 months to promote your album before it’s released
Library of Congress – Copyrighting
Press Release Template – A must-have for promoting your album
How to Register with ASCAP – Protect your song
Stephanie Christie – Hear it all from a working music manager
Distrokid vs CDBaby vs TuneCore – See the top 3 Digital Distribution sites
Patreon – Let your fans leave you a tip
Moo.com – Custom business cards and download cards
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for tuning in to my conversation with Brendan! If you want to add your voice to the conversation, please go site leave a comment below and we’ll keep talking!
If you enjoyed this episode, please cheap furosemide 40 mg share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for SOSstudio Session on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Thanks again for joining us, and a very special thanks to Brendan Dalton and Radio Silence. Until next time!