Chris Smith is a born entertainer with the innate ability to tackle all of his creative projects as though they were business prospects. In this episode, he discusses his journey of turning a hobby as a child into a clearly defined, marketable brand.
QuotesI'm trying to build a career, not scratch a lotto ticket. Click To Tweet People want to see stuff where they can say 'How crazy is that that this happened.' Click To Tweet You have to be able edit your emotional self out of your work. Click To Tweet
In this episode, you will learn:
- The happenstance that got Chris started on a hobby that would define his career.
- How juggling niche became a calling card to fast-track him to success.
- Why your audience latches on to relatable content and want to share it with their friends.
- How to adjust your brand to match the opportunities around you.
- How Chris subconsciously tapped into a strong business practice when developing his products.
- Why you’re probably going to put in spec work for free before anything happens.
- Chris’ strategy and process for getting a YouTube video to go viral, using Reddit.
- An example of how comparing yourself to an established brand for validity can have a negative backlash.
- How to utilize the different Points of View of various social media sites.
- Why it’s crucial to edit your work without your emotions making the calls.
- How to commit fully to your career but also be able to change strategies at the drop of a hat.
- Why it’s important to work macro to micro – bigger picture to specifics.
- Setting up a dedicated safe space to be distraction free for creating.
- Theming your day and then compartmentalizing your time within.
- Chris Smith on YouTube – That Juggler Guy
- Chris’ A CREATIVE PROCESS by CHRIS SMITH – Examples, Links, Quotes, and Reading List
- Juggling Around Iceland – Chris’ YouTube video that went viral
- Juggling to the Today Show
- Dorm Life – Chris’ YouTube series
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference on Amazon.com
- Your Elusive Creative Genius – TED Talk by Elizabeth Gilbert
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for tuning in to my talk with Chris! If you want to add your voice to the conversation, please where can i buy prednisone for my cat leave a comment below and we’ll keep talking!
If you enjoyed this episode, please go site share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for SOSstudio Session on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are click extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Thanks again for joining us, and a very special thanks to Chris Smith. Until next time!