From hosting a successful songwriting forum, to sharing a stage with Bill Erwin, to being a presenter at TEDx, NYC-based actress/singer/songwriter/music director Shaina Taub has tackled all obstacles with ease. In this episode, we talk about her song forum, her views on promotion, how she shares and celebrates other people in her community, and how she holds herself accountable to achieving her goals.
Quote:Any time spent cultivating your creativity and process is time well spent. Click To Tweet
In this episode you will learn:
- How writing songs is like playing baseball
- Why you are often not your best audience
- What it means for an artist to be a ‘monopoly’
- Tips on finding an accountability partner or ritualistic way of keeping yourself on track
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Download Given and Harvest by Shaina Taub for Free!
- ShainaTaub.com – Shaina’s music, news, videos, and newsletter (with a free song!)
- PaulStoffer.com – Shaina’s website designer and developer
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- American Songbook – Shaina’s performance at Lincoln Center
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining Shaina and I! Please let me know what you think in a comment below. If you liked what you heard from Shaina, I highly recommend checking out her website at ShainaTaub.com. It’s a great glimpse into her career and opportunity to virtually meet her. AND if you haven’t downloaded her free song downloads, do it now!
If you enjoyed this episode, please buy nolvadex tamoxifen share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for SOSstudio Session on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Thanks again for joining me, and a very special thanks to Shaina for sharing her story. Until next time!