Bev Fowler and Rich Hannon are the Artist Relations team at Paul Reed Smith Guitars (PRS Guitars) and are here to share their insights from years of working with incredible musicians.
You Will Learn why Rich and Bev:
- Offer tools to record and in return look for return on stage
- Don’t use contracts or paperwork
- Use technology and the web to network and scout new bands
- Pay attention to tour routes, social media presence and activity, & length of career
- They work very closely with management firms who can vouch for you as an artist
- Pay attention to magazines and what’s in print
- Reach out to artists that they want to hear more from
- Send a simple email as the perfect dialogue to form a relationship
- Their favorite ways to nurture relationships with artists
- Offer factory tours, meetings, dinner, shows, & quick responses to artists
- Promote artists with videos, blogs, tweets and sharing large appearances on their PRS networks
- This is a 2-way street for the artists that are playing PRS and PRS wanting to showcase them
Quotes:There are emerging, established, and veteran artists. Everybody has to start somewhere. Click To Tweet You are a business... In the music industry, so are 50 million other kids in garages. Click To Tweet We want artists to play our instruments because they believe in us as a company. Click To Tweet
S2 series PRS guitars (the minivan)
Meet The Artist Feature (in-depth interviews of PRS artists)
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for tuning in to my talk with Bev and Rich of PRS Guitars! If you want to add your voice to the conversation, please leave a comment below and we’ll keep talking!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for SOSstudio Session on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Thanks again for joining us, and a very special thanks to Bev and Rich of PRSGuitars.com. Until next time!