If it’s musical, Andy has probably heard it, played it, and made it better. Ok, that might be big shoes to fill but this guy is incredible. At 16, he came in 2nd in the World Champion Mandolin Contest. At 22, he won the Guitar Center’s Guitarmaggedon… on an acoustic. Now, his resume includes Scott Stapp (of Creed) and, most recently, as the guitarist and mandolin player for Rascal Flatts. Now, he has a Double Album that combines his bluegrass and rock influences called “Caught Between the Truth and a Lie.” In this podcast, Andy Wood talks about how he got hired by Rascal Flatts, how to secure and maintain an endorsement, and how to be true to YOU as an artist.
Quotes.@awoodshreds discusses @rascalflatts, endorsements, and how to be true to YOU. Click To Tweet The #1 thing is play what you like. Play the gear that helps you be the musician that you are. Click To Tweet Never play for nothing. Not only are you devaluing yourself, you're devaluing the entire market. Click To Tweet
In this episode, you will learn:
- How a unique and diverse skill set landed Andy a gig touring with Rascal Flatts
- How Andy guided his love of all music into versatility as a studio musician
- The incredible story of how Andy won the national Guitarmaggedon competition by doing the where to buy isotretinoin opposite of what everyone else was doing
- The strategy of choosing what media you tease online vs what you choose to keep offline in order to maintain the high quality you’ve worked so hard at to achieve
- Why it’s crucial to acknowledge that you are a business and not just “all about the music”
- How to secure and keep an endorsement from a company that inspires you
- Why an endorsement is like a marriage and needs to be mutually respected
- You should never expect anything for free, but always be prepared to give
- How you can be a professional studio musician without moving to Nashville or other hubs
- Why Andy thinks of his career as a game and how he weaves work and play together
- AndyWoodMusic.com | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- Guitar Summit in NC
- “Caught Between the Truth and a Lie” Double Album
- Suhr Guitars [one of Andy’s endorsements]
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for tuning in! Andy is one heck of a musician and has some really solid business advice. If you want to add your voice to the conversation, please buy doxycycline for std leave a comment below and we’ll keep talking!
If you enjoyed this episode, please http://thegardeningtoolshed.com/2014/09/page/2/ share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for SOSstudio Session on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Thanks again for joining us, and a very special thanks to Andy Wood. Until next time!