In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- John contemplated 3 categories in life: personal/financial/professional goals and merged them. When he noticed that they were not equal and that adjustments needed to be made… He changed his career to refocus. He now revisits this challenge every 5 years.
- John had always been an actor but he had also been teaching because he loved it. When he stepped back, he noticed he had “accidentally” built 2 resumes: acting and teaching. Boom. Second job with no additional effort.
- Biggest changes to the acting world in the last 10 years? The “fashion” stuff: headshots layout, rapidfire auditions, instant response times (like going from audition to callback to on set in 24 hrs…)
- Our greatest tool to prepare is Time but, in the world of instant everything, time is not a luxury we are often afforded. This is where training, instincts, & confidence come into play… and where fear is the death of these
- Another of John’s “must-haves” is seeking feedback from likeminded peers and then implementing the feedback that provides not just notes, but also solid reasons why.
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for tuning in to my conversation with John! We’ll continue the topic of Confidence next week with an actress who just ended her run with an off-Broadway smash hit and her plans for moving forward. If you want to add your voice to the conversation, please leave a comment below and we’ll keep talking!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for SOSstudio Session on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Thanks again for joining us, and a very special thanks to John Wayne Shafer!. Until next time!