Your Electronic Press Kit (EPK) is your digital handshake, your virtual eye contact. You have to make it count. Casie Lane talks about how she uses InDesign to create completely customized, interactive, engaging EPKs to share with promoters and agents so that they can continue to work for you, even when you’re not in the room.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What features Casie recommends for highlighting first in your EPK
- How an EPK controls and promotes your brand, even when you’re not in the room.
- Great resources for fonts, colors, and imagery, and why they’re important.
- Why Casie chose Adobe InDesign over Microsoft Word.
- Casie’s blog and brand, The DeeJayPreneur, that teaches business sense to DJs.
- In your press kit include: Hi-Res Photos, Promotion Tracks, Logo, and Feedback from peer artists as a ZIP file downloadable from your website or Dropbox, Google Drive, etc…
- The steps for submitting your EPK to a PR agent.
- Research who you are submitting to and match your sound to their vibe.
- Why you should reach out to the journalist on Twitter after they’ve featured you.
- How (and why) Casie cleverly introduced herself to SOSstudio with a compliment.
QuotesWith your EPK, you're in the driver's seat and you're giving your audience a ride. Click To Tweet The music industry is not about music. It's about making friends with cool people. Click To Tweet
Links & Resources:
- Casie’s FREE Checklist for Creating and Updating your EPK
- 4 Unspoken Reasons Why Female DJs Are Unequal (And How To Conquer Them) – by Casie Lane via digitalDJtips.com
- The Ultimate EPK Resource Guide for DJs – via TheDeeJayPreneur.com
- DaFont.com – Font choices for free or for sale
- ColourLovers.com – Free color swatches and pairings
- Adobe InDesign
- Dropbox – 5GB free
- Google Drive – 15GB free
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for tuning in to my talk with Casie! If you want to add your voice to the conversation, please leave a comment below and we’ll keep talking!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for SOSstudio Session on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Thanks again for joining us, and a very special thanks to Casie Lane and TheDeeJayPreneur.com. Until next time!